College Students: 2014
Dot summer Transportation Internship Program
Department of Transportation (STIPDG)
Summer Transportation Internship Program for Diverse Groups (STIPDG) is now accepting applications.
This notice is to announce that the STIPDG program is now accepting applications for the Summer Session of 2014. If you have any friends, family associates, or any other interest group/association contacts that would be interested in summer internship opportunities, please refer them to www.fhwa.dot.gov/education/stipdg.cfm.
* The STIPDG program was created by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) as a mechanism to reach out to undergraduate, graduate and law students, considering careers in the field of transportation.
* The STIPDG program provides students with a paid internship experience that will capture their attention, reinforce the lessons learned in the classroom, and offer real world experience in a hands-on transportation-intensive environment.
* Interns receive a $4,000 or $5,000 stipend
* Travel and Housing Expenses are provided (if selected for assignment outside of residential commuting area)
* The objective of the STIPDG program are to :
· Attract diverse groups of individuals to transportation related careers
· Provide students an opportunity to merge academic studies with work-related assignments
· Develop and sharpen students’ skills to conduct limited research, complete written reports, and make oral presentations
* All majors are encouraged to apply (Must be a U.S. Citizen)
For additional information and details about the STIPDG program or to apply, visit www.fhwa.dot.gov/education/stipdg.cfm.
Get Your Career In MOTION