The NACME Pre-Engineering Scholarship Program recognizes the nation’s highest achieving African American, American Indian, and Latino high school seniors who have demonstrated academic excellence, leadership skills, and a commitment to science and engineering as a career goal. Each NACME Pre-Engineering Scholarship winner receives a $2,500 award to be used toward the cost of attendance at a university.
Applicants must be:
- African American, American Indian, or Latino high school graduating seniors;
- U.S. citizens or permanent residents;
- Participants in an Academy of Engineering (a National Academy Foundation national network of career-themed academies) or a pre-college or high school program focused on math, science, and engineering;
- Outstanding academic achievers earning a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA or “B” average;
- Have a preferred combined SAT score of 1650 for critical reading, writing, and math, and a preferred math score of 550; or preferred composite ACT score of 24 and a preferred score from the math section of 24; and
- Admitted into an engineering program as a full-time student. Priority will be given to applicants who have been admitted to a NACME Partner Institution.
NACME’s Pre-Engineering Scholarship Application is now available. The deadline is April 1, 2014.
If you have any questions, email us.