As the County continues the massive snow cleanup from this weekend’s monumental storm, the Prince George’s County Department of the Environment (DoE) announces the following update for its operations and services scheduled for Wednesday,
January 27, 2016.
DoE expects to resume regular trash collection service on Thursday, January 27, 2016. However, residents are advised to monitor the County’s website, social media and news outlets for further details and confirmation on when services will resume.
DoE services/operations that will resume regularly scheduled routes on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 include:
- Residential recycling collections (on streets deemed safe and passable)
DoE services/operations open on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 include:
- Services located at the Brown Station Road Sanitary Landfill in Upper Marlboro including:
Brown Station Road Public Container Pad
Scrap tire and appliance disposal sites, and Recycling Area.
- Missouri Avenue Solid Waste Acceptance and Recycling Center (Brandywine);
- Materials Recycling Facility (MRF), (Capitol Heights); and
- Prince George’s County Yard Waste Composting Facility (Upper Marlboro).
The following DoE operations/services that remain suspended on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 include:
- Bulky trash and yard waste collections
- Household Hazardous Waste Acceptance Site; and
- Electronics Recycling Acceptance Site.
In addition, all services available at the Prince George’s County Animal Services Facility remainCLOSED until further notice. Customers are advised to contact the Animal Services Facility at (301) 780-7200 to report any animal emergencies.
Visit http://mypgc.us for further updates and alert information. To register a missed collection after3 p.m. on the day of service, contact CountyClick at 3-1-1 from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m., Monday –Friday or submit a request for assistance online at www.countyclick311.com.