Sent on behalf of Prince George’s County Public Schools
School Consolidations, Boundary and Grade Changes
The Chief Executive Officer, Dr. Kevin Maxwell, has proposed school consolidations, and changes to boundaries and grade structure at several schools. A public hearing will be held to solicit public input prior to a vote by the Board of Education.
Date: Tuesday, February 23, 2016
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: 14201 School Lane, Upper Marlboro 20772 (Board Room)
You should also contact your Board of Education representative here: http://www1.pgcps.org/board/
Below is a list of changes being proposed for the 2016-2017 school year; more detailed information is available at www1.pgcps.org/discussions/.
- Forestville High would be consolidated into Suitland High. The Military program at Forestville High would cease operation.
- Skyline Elementary would be consolidated into William Beanes Elementary. Students in the Autism program would be reassigned to their neighborhood schools with appropriate services.
- That portion of Calverton Elementary that is assigned to Buck Lodge Middle for grades 6-8 would instead be assigned to Martin L. King Jr. Middle.
- The middle school feeder for Potomac Landing Elementary would change from Accokeek Academy to Gwynn Park Middle; the high school feeder would change from Friendly High to Gwynn Park High.
- That portion of Ft. Washington Forest Elementary which feeds into Accokeek Academy would be reassigned to Gwynn Park Middle; that portion which is assigned to Friendly High would be reassigned to Gwynn Park High.
- The area currently assigned to Accokeek Academy which lies east of Piscataway Creek (including “The Preserve”) would be reassigned to Ft. Washington Forest Elementary and Gwynn Park Middle.
Grade Configuration Changes
- The following elementary schools would send their sixth grade to middle school: Ardmore, Cora L. Rice, Flintstone, Francis Scott Key, Glassmanor, Highland Park, Kingsford, Longfields, Oxon Hill, Rose Valley, Valley View, and William Beanes.