Prince George’s County to Kick-Off Modified Residential Bulky Trash Drop-off Service Saturday, June 6

Prince George's County: Subscribe MyPGC

Prince George’s County to Kick-Off Modified Residential

Bulky Trash Drop-off Service Saturday, June 6

Additional bulky trash drop-off collection sites, household hazardous waste, and electronics recycling services start June 11

 

Largo, MD – Prince George’s County will kick-off the reopening of residential waste services with a modified bulky trash drop-off service this Saturday, June 6, from 8 a.m. to noon in the nine (9) Councilmanic Districts. The kick-off begins phase 1 of the reopening of residential waste services suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The modified drop-off service will help County residents dispose of large items such as furniture, mattresses, and other household items until regular curbside bulky trash service resumes.

“The health and well-being of our County employees and residents remains our top priority during this pandemic,” said Prince George’s County Executive Angela Alsobrooks. “We will continue to expand modified County Government services that were previously suspended in a safe way as we seek to recover from COVID-19.”

The Department of the Environment will operate an additional modified nine (9) bulky trash drop-off sites on a biweekly, rotating schedule beginning Thursday, June 11, from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.

Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics Recycling Acceptance Sites located within the Brown Station Road Sanitary Landfill (BSRSL) in Upper Marlboro will return to regular service on June 11, and will be open on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.

Residents may bring up to eight (8) bulky trash items for disposal at all modified drop-off locations. For a list of accepted items, frequently asked questions and a complete schedule of drop-off locations, visit environment.mypgc.us.

Please note, due to COVID-19 restrictions, County employees are not allowed to assist, handle, or touch any bulky trash items brought to the sites. Therefore, residents must be able to independently lift and place their items in the back of the packer truck for disposal and are encouraged to bring an extra person should they require assistance. There will be no exceptions to this guideline. In addition, residents are encouraged to utilize the designated drop-off locations within their Councilmanic Districts to avoid overcrowding at sites.

“I want to thank our residents for their patience and cooperation as we restore bulky service on a limited basis while keeping our essential workers safe,” said DoE Director Joseph P. Gill. “Please continue to practice social distancing, wear a mask covering, and stay safe.”

All other residential waste collection services, including regular residential curbside trash and recycling, compost, and yard trim collection, remain on schedule. Details for phase 2, including the reopening of the BSRSL and the reinstatement of curbside residential bulky trash, will be posted online at a later date.

For more information on the County’s waste collection service updates, contact 311.

This entry was posted in Prince George's County News. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.