Sharing today’s updates, outlined below:
1) Cooling Centers: The Office of Emergency Management has worked with M-NCPPC to open three cooling centers in the County due to the extreme heat. At this time, they plan to have them open through Thursday, from 12 noon to 6 PM each day. Attached is a graphic for tips for extreme heat and how to avoid heat-related illnesses.
2) Circuit Court Reopening: The Circuit Court is beginning a gradual reopening and has updated graphics that provide details of how this will look.
3) Stand Up & Deliver – July 21 & 23: Graphics for this week’s distribution of prepared meals on Tuesday and Thursday are now available. Please help us share this information for residents who may be experiencing food insecurity.
4) Capital Area Food Bank Sites – July 24: Graphics for this week’s distribution of groceries on Friday are now available as well. Please help us share this information for residents who may be experiencing food insecurity.
5) Library Curbside Pick-Up Reminder: Curbside pick-up will begin today, July 21 at 16 library branches. Residents will need to request materials online for pick-up, and then they will be prompted to schedule an appointment for pick-up when those items are ready. More information can be found on the Library’s below:
6) NHL Award: We are excited that one of our residents is a finalist for the NHL’s Willie O’Ree Community Hero Award! Alexandria Briggs-Blake is one of 3 finalists and we can support her by voting for her online, once per day throughout the entire week. A graphic is included in the folder and we invite you to share the voting link and her photo on your social media to help push her over the top for this award.
- Voting: https://www.nhl.com/fans/willie-oree-community-hero-award/vote
- More info on Ms. Briggs-Blake’s nomination: https://www.nhl.com/capitals/news/alexandria-briggs-blake-a-finalist-for-willie-oree-community-hero-award/c-317487488