The Department of Family Services, Domestic Violence and Human Trafficking Division have two upcoming events. Details are below as well as in the attached flyers. Feel free to share the information with those you know.
The Department of Family Services, Domestic Violence and Human Trafficking Division is thrilled to announce its continuation of the MoMENtum Men and Boys Conference Series; “MoMENtum: A Conversation with Men about Mental Health and Wellness. This years’ conference will emphasize the importance of men’s mental health in creating healthy relationships. The conference will be held on KYSDC.com, MyMajicDC.com, PraiseDC.com and each station’s Facebook Live, on Saturday, March 20, 2021. While we are disappointed we can’t be together, hosting the conference virtually offers a unique opportunity to share the awesome work being achieved in Prince George’s County with our family and friends.
- Inspirational Speaker – Mr. Ken Harvey, Former Linebacker, Washington Football Team
- Panel Discussion – Led by Dr. Bent-Goodley, Professor Emerita, Howard University
- Survivor Testimony – Mr. Troy Jones, Author and Executive Director of 108 Community Organization
- Men’s Conference Challenge – Maryland State Delegate Ronald L. Watson, Ph.D.
- Students eligible to earn Community Service Hours
Age: Middle School and older
Help us spread the word! No registration required. For more information please call the Department of Family Services, Domestic Violence and Human Trafficking Division at 301-265-8423.
The Department of Family Services, Domestic Violence and Human Trafficking Division is hosting a Best Practices Workshop for providers and staff to support and serve the members of the LGBTQI Community. The workshop will be held virtually on Thursday, April 8, 2021 from noon to 1:30 p.m. on Zoom.
Facilitated by: Dr. Tricia Bent-Goodley and Dr. Kamilah Majied
- Developing Polices and Protocols to Support the LGBTQI Community
- Strategies for Working With Men
- How to Respond to Stalking
No registration required. For more information contact the Domestic Violence and Human Trafficking Division on 301-265-8423.
Topic: Best Practices Workshop for Providers
Time: Apr 8, 2021 12:00 PM Eastern Time
Join Zoom: https://mypgc.zoom.us/j/84441224357
Meeting ID: 844 4122 4357