- Check your mailbox your ballot should be arriving soon!
- Special General Election-February 1, 2022, 7am-8pm.
- Special General – Early voting will be conducted on January 26-January 31, 2022, (10am-8pm and 12pm – 6pm on Sunday).
NOTE: There is one candidate on the ballot and one write-in candidate.
The deadline to drop your ballot in the dropbox is Tuesday, February 1, 2022 at 8PM.
All mailed ballots must be postmarked no later than February 1, 2022. Check the post office to verify pick up times.
County Council District 8 Special General Election, Early Voting and Election Day Results
Early Voting results will be posted at 8:00pm on Tuesday, February 1, 2022. It is anticipated that Election Day Results will be posted at approximately 8:45pm.
County Council District 8 Special General Election, Mail-In Ballot Canvass:
The Prince George’s County Board of Elections will begin canvassing mail-in/provisional ballots on the following dates/times:
- 1st Mail-In Ballot Canvass – 10:00am on Thursday, February 3, 2022. The mail-in ballot canvass is expected to continue through Saturday, February 5, 2022.
- Provisional Ballot Canvass – 10:00am on Wednesday, February 9, 2022 and is expected to continue through Friday, February 11, 2022.
- 2nd Mail-In Ballot Canvass – 10:00am on Friday, February 11, 2022. Any overseas and/or domestic ballots that were postmarked by Election Day, February 1, 2022 and meet the other requirements but were delivered by the post office to the Board of Elections after the 1st canvass will be counted.
All Canvasses will be conducted at the Board of Elections Training Center located at 1100 Mercantile Lane, Suite 160, Largo, MD 20774.In an effort to prevent the Board of Elections’ staff and ballot canvassers from contracting COVID-19, The Board of Elections will allow each candidate and their respective representatives to observe the canvass process (see above). All observers must wear K95 masks that will be provided by The Board of Elections. All others can view the process by live-streaming. The link will be posted prior to the 1st mail-in ballot canvass.
In person voting will also be offered at the Southern Regional Technology and Recreation Complex Vote Center located at 7007 Bock Road, Fort Washington, MD 20744.
Ballot Drop Boxes will be available at the following locations: They will be closed and locked at 8PM on Tuesday, February 1, 2022.
Crossland High School
6901 Temple Hill Road
Camp Springs, MD 20748
Southern Regional Technology & Recreation Complex
7007 Bock Road
Fort Washington, MD 20744
Temple Hills Community Center
5300 Temple Hill Road
Temple Hills, MD 20748
Prince George’s County Board of Elections
1100 Mercantile Lane, Suite 115A
Largo, MD 20774
Contact the Prince George’s Board of Elections or call 341-7300 for additional information.